Chemical Sales- Independent Chemical Corporation, Danbury, CT 06810
Outside Sales Representative - Chemical Sales - NY / NJ / CT
“A family-run business for nearly 70 years where you can work with a knowledgeable and supportive team and be rewarded for your efforts!”
All interested candidates apply through our ZipRecruiter ad for Outside Sales Representative - Chemical Sales - NY / NJ / CT job opening at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/89b83a5b?source=share-email
These positions require selling a range of specialty chemical products to various industries throughout the NY tri-state regions, including all of Long Island and Southern CT. Client industries include: Adhesives, Paint & Coatings, Detergents, Environmental Remediation, Fertilizers, Food & Nutrition, Household & Industrial Cleaning, Lubricants, Meat and Seafood Processing, Pharmaceuticals, Textiles, Water Treatment and more.
The position is based out of your home office and requires daily travel 2-3 weeks per month for customer visits and relationship-building. You will call on some current accounts but be paid primarily for finding new business opportunities. Your role will include determining products to offer and price, developing new product offerings to meet customers’ needs, and managing the pricing and relationship, while our office handles the logistics. When you're not traveling, you will be submitting weekly activity reports, which will highlight sales success, accounts, and efforts in progress towards sales. Monthly visits to our Glendale, NY office are required for training and meetings to discuss sales plans, progress, and strategies.
· Develops, maintains, and communicates sales plan
· Presents and sells company products and services to new and existing customers
· Prospects and contacts potential customers
· Builds and maintains positive relationships with clients
· Reaches agreed upon sales targets by the deadline
· Demonstrates goal-oriented business-to-business sales performance and success
· Learns new and varied chemical product lines and their applications in the industries that use our products
· Resolves customer inquiries and complaints
· Sets follow-up appointments to keep customers aware of latest developments
· Creates sales material to present to customers
· Submits weekly activity reports, travel expenses, etc. on time
Experience & Requirements
· Minimum 5 years required in outside business-to-business sales within the territory in chemicals or ingredients
· Minimum Bachelor's degree in chemistry, engineering or similar science
· Demonstrates superior sales negotiation skills and high EQ
· Shows strong grasp of chemistry, especially how customers use chemicals and ingredients
· Possesses effective communication skills to develop and maintain relationships with customers, peers and management
· Highly organized self-starter and detail-oriented problem-solver
· Punctual, responsible, professional, personable, and dedicated
· Persuasive, adaptable, resilient, likeable, motivated, and goal-driven
· Welcomes added responsibility while being accountable and dependable
· Driven to work and grow with the company according to demonstrated ability and performance
· Excellent internet and computer skills, including MS Office
· Must live in NY tri-state region
· Must have right to work in the USA, a driver’s license, clean driving record, and a car
· Competitive weekly base salary
· Sales performance pay
· Work from home and time flexibility
· Monthly car allowance including EZ-Pass
Senior Research Chemist
Hampford Research is looking for a bright, well-rounded, innovative research chemist to work in the R&D function for our small, growing organization. This chemist will design, develop, and execute analyses for varying R&D and current product experiments as well as collecting data, writing reports and drawing meaningful conclusions that fit the overall goal of the project. The applicant will also represent the firm with current and prospective customers and at technical forums and conferences, presenting papers and posters as appropriate.
· PhD in Organic Chemistry preferred; minimum MS plus additional industry experience
· Minimum 5 years experience in a chemical manufacturing environment
· Experience with organic synthesis and photochemistry required
· Experience in UV/EB technology preferred
· Supports analysis and resolution of production issues or process improvements for existing products
o Designs and executes lab experiments to troubleshoot production issues and to provide a recommended solution(s) to the Operations and Engineering groups.
· Supports development of new products
o Identifies unmet customer and market needs and provides creative solutions through incremental and long term development programs.
o Assists in development of strategies to fill technical gaps and extend the technical expertise within the firm to new areas.
o Interfaces with marketing, engineering, supply chain, and production to ensure smooth transfer of developmental products to commercial status.
o Develops data to support the promotion of company’s products.
o Manages and coordinates technical projects to ensure successful execution.
· Lab Skills
o Proficient in experimental design methods.
o Collects, processes and interprets data in order to gain meaningful information about experiments.
o Maintains detailed, accurate and organized laboratory records.
o Writes reports, standard operating procedures and analytical methods in a clear and concise manner.
· General Qualities
o Able to problem solve with little/no supervision or direction, anticipates and solves problems for self and others at all levels of the organization.
o Able to independently examine complex information and/or situations, evaluate potential impact/options and make recommendations.
o Makes decisions guided by precedent and interpretation of applicable laws, patents, polices, etc. Decisions have significant impact on others and the organization.
o Operates complex lab equipment/machinery requiring extensive training and in-depth understanding of various applications, etc.
o Experience handling confidential and/or sensitive information requiring the use of discretion at all times.
o Able to perform extrapolation and analysis using advanced math calculations and statistics.
o Demonstrates the ability to operate effectively on teams and to garner cooperation from others to successfully complete job duties.
o Capable of performing complex verbal and written communications face-to-face and in group settings.
o Able to conceptualize, plan and implement a wide range of job duties concurrently.
o Keeps abreast of current emerging industry trends and developments through attending workshops, seminars, and reading technical literature.
o Familiar with various project management tools and methodologies.
o Must be able to work in a laboratory and manufacturing environment with ever changing demands.
o Maintains company safety standards and supports company values
o Communication skills in bridging the gap between scientists and non-technical personnel are essential.
o Strong preference for practical person who is hands-on in the laboratory and who possesses good interpersonal skills
o Completes other assignments and projects to meet business needs.
Interested candidates should have authorization to work lawfully in the United States and should send their resume to email@example.com. EOE.